Been here now for one month. Wow that month flew by. If only deployments to the desert went this fast.
- Got my UK bank account sorted out
- Bought a beater car that will hopefully last till next year when the Rover gets over.
- Bought 4 new tires. Old tires passed inspection but were dry rot heavy.
- Bought new remote. Without the remote there is no way to start the car. What a scam!
- Waiting for the title, called V5 form
- Took the train to London twice
- Found a house to rent
- 5 beds, 6.5 baths
- Gated entrance
- Detached 4 car garage (I get to use 2)
- Farms all around
- 10 – 15 minute drive to work
- Base provided temporary furniture for 90 days
- Phone and DSL working!
- No AC in houses
- No AC in cars
- No screens covering window openings
- Oil stove / oven that is never turned off
- BBC iplayer kicks butt. Get to Watch Doctor Who at my leisure